And with a new month, I have new goals that I want to accomplish this month. But first, a recap of October.
1. Participate in two blog linkups. Check! I linked up with Amber for her monthly letter linkup where I wrote a letter to God about my safe places. I also linked up with Shay for What's Up Wednesday, where I shared what all is going on in life right now.
2. Carve a pumpkin. Check! I carved it - the pumpkin we picked up a few weeks ago while celebrating my birthday - on Halloween while Cory gave advice and helped me out. It had been probably at least 10 years since I last carved a pumpkin, and I learned that I have NO IDEA why I waited so long to do it again! It was fun :).
3. Finish the Book of John study. Fail. Again. Is this real life? Can one seriously fail at something so important over and over again? It turns out that the answer to that is a big, fat YES! Ugh. I hate myself.
4. Celebrate my birthday. Check! I spent the weekend with my absolute favorite people doing fun, fun things! Check out the recap post here.
5. Bullet journal the entire month. Check! I did keep up with this all October long and am oh so proud that I did! I felt on top of things and really enjoyed digging into the bullet journal all month long. Looking forward to continuing this!
6. Read two books. Check-ish. I read one and a half, so that doesn't really count as a check, but it's not a complete fail either. Either way, I'll take it!
And now, November goals!
Book of John Bible Study.
I'm going to keep this one as a monthly goal until it's completed. I'm so upset with myself that I keep letting it slide, so I'm on a mission to really take care of this one in November!
With Thanksgiving being this month, my goal is to really focus on giving thanks all month long, for anything and everything! I'm going to really try to stay positive and keep my perspective in that of thanksgiving.
I'm not looking to be super restrictive or set myself up for failure, but I'm making some food changes this month that I really pray to stick to for the entire month. However, I must also give myself grace and go ahead and say that Thanksgiving celebrations are not going to be counted for this goal, for obvious reasons. (I'm thinking of you, fried turkey!)
I'm keeping it simple this month and really striving to go three for three! I don't want to set myself up for failure this month and knowing there's a major holiday in there can really throw things off, so I'm keeping it light and am looking forward to some successes.
What are your goals for November?