I really do love doing these sort of “monthly recaps”, and I actually missed not having done it in April. So I’m back at it for May! It’s my own kind of check-in with myself and our family, and it allows me to see progress in our lives as well as the heartaches. A measuring of sorts, if you will.
May was a blessedness. It wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies – in fact, there were some pretty low and ugly days in there, but it was a month of transition for us and I’m happy to look back on it and know that not only did we grow, but it’s all behind us and we’re moving forward.
- Landon turned ONE MONTH old! Holy wow – time flies!
- We found a formula that sits well with Landon and we are no longer scrambling to search for a new option every other week. Praise God!
- I am back to blogging and journaling more regularly.
- My first Mother’s Day!
- Said new formula is one of the more expensive ones. *sigh*
- Very sleepless and restless nights with Landon. He’s still only sleeping for two hours at a time, and sleep deprivation is wearing on me day in and day out.
- Some car troubles (that were actually under warranty – hallelujah!) & issues with insurance.
Lord, I pray for continued guidance and patience. Please help me stay calm during those middle of the night feedings and overwhelming to-do lists that only grow and grow. I pray that I am able to maintain some semblance of sanity and provide Landon with all that he needs as he continues to grow and learn. He truly is a miracle, and for him, I thank you, Lord! I never knew I could or would learn so much about myself through having a son, but I have. And for the gift of being his mother, I will forever be grateful. In Your name, I pray. Amen.