Happy Thanksgiving from the Cramer’s!
We’re really soaking up this holiday season with Landon and all of his “firsts”. I’m so overcome with emotion most days recently because I’m just so in love with our son and seeing the light and joy in his eyes. He truly melts my heart, and I know I’m being a stereotypical mom right now, gushing over my kid, but it’s cliche for a reason! He’s really at a fun stage and I love watching him learn and figure things out.
That brings me to today. Thanksgiving. The expression of gratitude.
Although life looks nothing like I thought it would, especially with a baby, I have so, so much to be grateful for! Seriously. And I wanted to share a few of those things today. First and foremost, I’m so thankful to God. He has blessed me beyond words and I am eternally grateful for the amazing life he’s given to me. Have I struggled? Oh my, yes. But I have a truly amazing support system and I adore my family beyond belief.
- Speaking of, I am beyond grateful for my family. I honestly could not even begin to imagine where I would be or who I would be without them. So to my family, I love y’all and am oh so thankful for each and every one of you!
- Cory. My husband. Protector. My rock. Cory blesses me day in and day out. Is our life together hard? Umm, absolutely! Is it like we hoped or thought it would be at this point? Nope. But our love surpasses the difficulties we face. We talk out our frustrations and work through everything. I am more in love with my husband today than I ever have been. It’s all about communication, y’all! I’m telling you…
- And then there’s Landon. Oh, sweet Landon. I’m obsessed and I cannot get enough. I’ll do a whole post on that soon, but he truly is an amazing little boy and I am floored by the fact that I am his mother and get to watch him grow. I also pray that I don’t screw him up! : )
- Cooler weather! We all know (or you should by now at least…) that I am a huge fan of cold weather, and it’s definitely past time for the heat to hit the road. I pray this cooler weather is here to stay!
- I am even more thankful for pictures these days. I’ve always been a lover of them, but now with my own little family – I just can’t get enough! I’ve slowly been adding pictures of our sweet boy to my desk at work and it really brightens my day. I need to get on creating his “First Year” album so it won’t be a major, daunting task come April!
- The Happy Planner. I’ve only used one for two months now, but it is engaging and useful and practical and beautiful and I love it! It’s bullet journal meets traditional planner and it makes my heart happy.
- I’m unbelievably grateful for l.o.v.e. Being loved, loving others, being IN love – it’s a truly amazing emotion and I am blessed by it. It’s definitely hard at times, but I am absolutely loved fiercely by “my people” and I could never truly describe just how much that means to me.
- This blog hasn’t always been up-to-date or a priority of mine, but I am absolutely grateful for it. I love having a little piece of the internet that’s just mine. I can come to this space and say anything and everything I want to, and I can post it or not. But it’s mine. And for that, I’m thankful. I also love having the posts to look back on – especially the ones of Landon. I’m already loving seeing just how much he’s grown and learned in the last 7 months!
- I love having painted nails. It just makes me feel “put together” even when I may not look it or feel like it otherwise. I don’t know what it is exactly about it, but I’ve always felt better and enjoy having my nails done (not necessarily professionally, although that’s definitely nice, but I mostly do them myself).
There are so many more little things that I’m grateful for, but I digress. I’m just really focusing on what’s important in life, especially now that Landon is here with us, and it’s all the little moments with him. It’s the way he says “dada” and babbles. The way he tries so hard to crawl but doesn’t quite have it down just yet. It’s the light in his eyes when he sees me. And it’s his huge grin that he wears almost 24/7 these days. A happy baby does big, big things to my heart! And today, it’s especially grateful. I plan to instill gratitude in Landon and pray that he truly appreciates the important things. We’ll see how it goes…ha!