I really do love doing these sort of “monthly recaps”, and I actually missed not having done it in April. So I’m back at it for May! It’s my own kind of check-in with myself and our family, and it allows me to see progress in our lives as well as the heartaches. A measuring of sorts, if you will.
May was a blessedness. It wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies – in fact, there were some pretty low and ugly days in there, but it was a month of transition for us and I’m happy to look back on it and know that not only did we grow, but it’s all behind us and we’re moving forward.
We had some high highs and some low lows. I think they ultimately balanced out the month well, but it was a rollercoaster for sure!
The h i g h s:
- Landon turned ONE MONTH old! Holy wow – time flies!
- We found a formula that sits well with Landon and we are no longer scrambling to search for a new option every other week. Praise God!
- I am back to blogging and journaling more regularly.
- My first Mother’s Day!
- Said new formula is one of the more expensive ones. *sigh*
- Very sleepless and restless nights with Landon. He’s still only sleeping for two hours at a time, and sleep deprivation is wearing on me day in and day out.
- Some car troubles (that were actually under warranty – hallelujah!) & issues with insurance.
Lord, I pray for continued guidance and patience. Please help me stay calm during those middle of the night feedings and overwhelming to-do lists that only grow and grow. I pray that I am able to maintain some semblance of sanity and provide Landon with all that he needs as he continues to grow and learn. He truly is a miracle, and for him, I thank you, Lord! I never knew I could or would learn so much about myself through having a son, but I have. And for the gift of being his mother, I will forever be grateful. In Your name, I pray. Amen.